IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Tech Forums > Basic Tech Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery Store Home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member Number: 528
Default Scout 800 power steering

I know that this conversion has been done lots of times, so there must be a "standard" way to attach the gear to the frame. I looked through the archives, and I couldn't find anything that really helps. Basically, I am trying to mount a Scout II power steering gear onto the frame of a '67 Scout 800. If anyone can direct me to a thread with good pictures, or for that matter, send me some good pictures, I would really appreciate it. I know that some steel plate has to be added, but where? Which, if any, of the existing frame holes can be used, etc., etc. Thanks in advance. Pineneedle
pineneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 917
Default Re: Scout 800 power steering

A day late and a dollar short.
I have seen the completed power steering conversions done a hand full of times. And now wish that I had taken photos and measurements last month of the conversion that you're considering. I recently worked on a 62 - 80 model that was converted to power steering using a 71 to 80 scout II steering gear box and pump.

Sorry that I'm not much help beyond that. Other than taking a look over on this 69, of possibilities, that I'm helping work on with a friend of mine. He has the manual steering with no plans to convert to power assist any time soon
74 Scout II - Barrel Rolled - Rest in peace
72 Scout II = on going project, stuck on financial hold for now.
51 Studebaker pickup - A non running project. Slowly in the works

Last edited by Scooter; 02-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: adding text
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote