IH PARTS AMERICA
Click Here!

Go Back   IH PARTS AMERICA > Classifieds > IH Vehicles For SALE
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Photo Gallery Store Home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default 1959 B120 4x4 Travelall

I am posting this up for a friend. The vehicle is not mine so please do not contact me about the vehicle. What is written below is what I received in an email. The written article I could not attach so I also copy/pasted it below. If interested contact information is listed below.
------------------------------------------

Albert and Donalie Moote’s B120
12/06/2009
Todd Munns

In a time of slow sales and intense truck competition touting new advancements in technology we sometimes tend to forget what really works. International has a long standing reputation of building a truck that lasts the test of time. Just recently at Husky International Trucks in Spokane, Washington they honored this legendary International reputation with a 50th birthday party for Albert Moote’s 1959 B120 4x4 which he ordered September 19, 1959 from International Harvester Company in Long Beach, California. At age 79 Al still remembers C.J. (Chuck) Heiserman the International Truck salesman that sold him his B120. The truck was delivered on November 11th, 1959 and has been worked hard ever since. Al says he had all initial service work done by Harold Craig the night service manager.
The birthday party was held at the Husky International dealership and attended by several employees and local members of the “Just Internationals Club”. In all nearly 40 people enjoyed the festivities. Donalie Moote commissioned a cake that was made in the shape and color of Al’s truck. In the parts department people mingled eating cake and watching video of the B120 from purchase date to current. Others walked around the truck admiring some of the modifications as it sat in the first bay of the service department. Albert still drives this truck everywhere still looking like it just came off the showroom floor.
Albert Moote is a retired Aerospace engineer and couldn’t resist adding a little of his own engineering. Through the years he has added air conditioning, butane system, 6:50 S.D.C. wheels, budd wheel conversion for duals, pneumatic spare tire lifter, emergency kill switch (winch), dual fuel system, dualamatic hubs, nicer wood interior, RA15 rear axle, custom bumpers.
Some of these modifications were necessary as Al made many trips across the country hunting and fishing. Some of the places the truck has been are fishing trips in Mexico and New Mexico as well as hunting trips for ducks etc. in Utah, Northern and southern California. He has also been all over Oregon, Death Valley, Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Tule Lake, Park City, Moab, High Vintas, Green River and other notable places.
Albert also is a Korean War veteran serving in the signal corp. (communications). One of the notable companies that Albert worked for was Eaton Corporation.
This was a great event and really helped remind everyone of the quality products that International produced in the past and continues to produce moving forward into the future. How many truck companies can have birthday parties for trucks that were sold 50 years ago? I think this helps to answer the question. Who is the best truck company in the business today?
---------------------------------------------

The attached article above is one that I did for a write up International did a few years ago. I know it is a 1959 B120 4x4.
One owner
Dual fuel Propane/gas
All original
Factory PTO winch
Factory installed one ton rear end (story behind this)
Manual transmission
304 engine
Will need a throwout bearing soon. Still has original clutch
Interior good shape keeps blankets on seats
Several magazine write ups through the years with copies
Has a CD of the trucks entire life in motion picture form from 1959 till now. Available to serious parties
Daily drive for Albert and his wife
Has been everywhere from Mexico to Canada
Original paint with some small touch up.
Don’t think it has ever been wrecked. Albert would have more info on this.
$11,000 any questions call Todd Munns 509-993-0008.
Has documentation and logs of all repairs and services since 1959.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg al moote.jpg (68.5 KB, 1284 views)
File Type: jpg albert.jpg (27.3 KB, 1967 views)

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
(530)268-0864

Last edited by ihpartsjeff; 01-08-2013 at 02:12 PM..
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member Number: 3742
Default Re: 1959 B120 4x4 Travelall

I hope Al is still in good health.
FDChappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator & Owner

Member Number: 1
Default Re: 1959 B120 4x4 Travelall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDChappie View Post
I hope Al is still in good health.
He is in good health but at 83 the truck has become a bit too much for him to drive around anymore.

Jeff Ismail
IH Parts America - Owner
IH Sierra Fall Rallye Event Coordinator
(530)268-0864
ihpartsjeff is offline   Reply With Quote